November 7, 2011

Thankfulness, Parts 5,6, & 7

5) I'm thankful for small things that I take for granted on a daily basis. You know, things like disposable diapers and running water. I'm thankful for fleece pajamas when it's chilly at night, for a cell phone that I can use to call someone if there is ever an emergency, for reliable transportation, and for a warm, soft bed.
Thank you, God, for your provision. You really do spoil us sometimes. I hope I never forget to tell You how much I appreciate it.

6) I'm thankful for things that make me laugh. I know some of you think I don't have much of a sense of humor and that I don't laugh often enough, but that's not true. I just don't make any sound when I laugh. Anyway, I'm thankful for irony and satire. I'm thankful for my kids (and kids in general), cats, dogs, The Andy Griffith Show, Friends, Adam Sandler, and books by Gavin Edwards. I'm especially thankful for jokes shared between me and Sara V, stuff Sheryl says, Jakki's anecdotes, memories of making up alternate lyrics to songs with Misty, and my husband's constant reminders that if we don't laugh at ourselves, we'll cry our eyes out.
Lord, thank you for the gift of laughter, and for making your own sense of humor evident.

7) I'm thankful for decent medical care. I know we all complain about how the healthcare system operates here in America - whichever side you're on - but, think about how it could be. I just had a baby by c-section. He was delivered by a competent doctor in a sterile room. I have now had two children knowing that my prenatal care was there to ensure that my children and I were safe and healthy.
Thank you, Lord, that when I am sick or injured, there are board certified, educated doctors available to help me feel better and I don't just have to suffer. Big, huge thanks that both my children are here and healthy.

No comments: