November 22, 2011

Thankfulness, Parts 19, 20, 21, & 22

19) I'm thankful for moments when my Madeline looks at me and says, in her precious little voice, "Mommy princess!" Thanks, Sweet Pea!

20) I'm thankful for nights when David sleeps 4 hours at a stretch. That's only happened a couple of times, but last night was one of them. Although I don't relish the sleep deprivation, he's only going to be this little once, and he won't always want to cuddle with me in the middle of the night.

21) I'm thankful for the grown folks' time Dan and I spend together in the evenings, watching TV shows on which no one sings, counts, or recites the alphabet. I'm thankful for the opportunity to sit side-by-side with my husband and talk about our day, make plans, etc. He really is my best friend.

22) I'm thankful that I have spent the entire week, thus far and continuing tomorrow, catching up with true, dear friends whom I don't see often enough. I can think of a few more with whom I'd love to sit at the table and share coffee and conversation. In the meantime, I'm thankful for social media that keeps us in touch.

No comments: