November 4, 2011

Thankfulness, Part 4

Today, I give thanks that we have family and friends who love us.
Even though so many of them live entirely too far away, there has been no end to the calls, text messages, emails, facebook messages, etc. from people who care and want to know how the baby is, how Madeline is adjusting, how we're doing, how I'm healing, or just want to let us know they're happy for us.

It meant the world to me when one of my dearest friends, who now seems a world away even though it's only three hours, just wanted to know if I was having a better day than the one before.

There have, so far, been four women in my MOPS group who have volunteered to come over to help with dinner. That may not sound like much, but it's a huge help when you can't do much else but sit on the couch and feed the baby. Besides, I've only been to two MOPS meetings. These women don't even know me.

Thank you, Lord, for putting people in our lives who simply love us - no strings attached. Help us to return that love back to them.

No comments: