October 6, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!

Did you ever feel like your life was following the same story line as a movie? I've been thinking a lot about how truly blessed I am to have the life that I have, and I'm starting to think there's a reason I can watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding over and over again. I'll illustrate with some quotes from the movie.

I met my Mr. Wonderful, proving that I was not, "doomed to wander the planet alone."H&D 001


 


 


images


At 31, just like the main character in the movie, I married a man who is so good to me I almost feel as if I don't deserve him (almost).

WeddingPics 12465

 

And, "a minute later I was pregnant." The couple in the movie even had a little girl. :)  Sometimes, just like Tula, I feel like I'm going to wake up and this all will have been a dream - "But, it did happen! It did!" And, I'm so glad it did.

I'm being a little silly, comparing my life to that of Tula and Ian. That was a movie script. This is real. What we have in our home is real love, real joy, and real faith in each other.  What a fabulous reason for  Big Fat Southern Celebration!

"OPA!" (That, apparently, is Greek for "Yeehaw!")

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You are so funny!!!!! All I think of with that movie is...."put windex on it"!