October 29, 2013

Panic!!

Do you have any idea what I realized yesterday? DO YOU??

I am already THREE DAYS into my THIRD trimester!

Somebody get me a paper bag to breathe into, because I am not ready! Not ready, I tell you! Not ready!

We don't have a house, yet. Noah has no bedding, no newborn clothes, no pacis, I still need to order new tubing for the breast pump, I haven't preregistered at the hospital yet, we haven't bought any diapers, we need to get Sweet Pea a new bed so we can move Buddy into the toddler bed and...Oh, Lordy, we have to start that whole transition process and why in the world do you look so calm???

Do you remember this conversation between Monica and Chandler?

Monica: "Chandler, you're panicking."
Chandler: "Uh, huh! Join me, won't you?!"


Yeah, I'm Chandler and DWH is Monica. This is what I wanted to say to him yesterday when I shared my third trimester epiphany with him, and he informed me that he thought my third trimester started last week, anyway. Of course, he rarely panics and panicking seems to be what I do best. Good thing we have each other to keep things balanced, huh?

Still, EEK! We're running out of time, here!

In less than three months, I will be a mom of three. My natural inclination toward anxiety and perfectionism - and maybe a few stray hormones - have convinced me that the youngest one will be naked, diaper-less, paci-free, and sleeping in the bathroom linen closet. But, that's not going to happen, right? RIGHT?

Maybe I should just go get a pedicure. Or, maybe this Saturday's lunch with one of my dearest friends in God's creation will be good for me.

I know I should put it in my prayer box.

I know I should do that first.

Then, I'll have a long-overdue lunch with Nina.

Just breathe.

No comments: