October 10, 2013

Another Countdown Begins

This one's more exciting, though.

Today, we begin the 100 day countdown to Baby Noah's due date. (Sorry, but there's no middle name, yet.)

My sister-in-law suggested I make a paper chain to remove a link each day. Can you tell her mom's an elementary school teacher? ;-) Thanks, E!

Still, it's not a half bad idea. I could let Sweet Pea and Buddy remove a link every day. Sweet Pea is already so thrilled about having a new baby in the house. She's so cute, putting her hands on my belly and trying to feel him. She goes through her toys and lets me know which ones Baby Noah will be allowed to claim as his own. When we go to Target, she wants to buy bottles so she can help feed him and has picked out some outfits that she thinks he needs to have. She's concerned that his blankets might not be soft enough and - like her mother - a little worried that he doesn't have his own room, yet.
Such a fantastic big sister!

Buddy, on the other hand, when confronted with the notion of another Head in the house, responds with complete indifference or, as this morning when someone mentioned the new baby, "No new baby. Yucky!"
Oh, well. He'll come around. What choice does he have, right?

It's funny how all pregnancies are different, isn't it? With Sweet Pea, I truly enjoyed my pregnancy and I knew she was safe inside me, so I wasn't sure I wanted to let her out. She wouldn't be as close to me if she joined us on the outside.
My pregnancy with Buddy was not nearly as enjoyable as the first one. Oh, he made up for all the swelling and heartburn and head-to-toe body aches once he got here with his near-constant smiles and warm baby cuddles, but from July to October 2011, I really wanted to serve him an eviction notice.
The pregnancy, itself, has not been too bad thus far. In general, I feel pretty good. But, I'm ready for Noah to be here. I want to hold him and feel his breath on my neck while he sleeps.

100 days. That's not so very long.

No comments: