May 5, 2013

I'm Officially a Mom.

OK, yes. I've been a mom for almost 3.5 years now. 4 years if you count my mommyhood from Madeline's conception.

But, there's just something about driving a minivan that makes it all official.

You read that correctly. We are now the proud owners of a grocery getter. I say that as if I'm not proud. I am! I've been wanting one for a while and I finally convinced DWH that it was time to get rid of his beloved Explorer (bless her heart) and buy ourselves a minivan.
Well, actually, I think the Explorer (bless her heart) itself did most of the convincing. I just sort of stood by, smirking and nodding my head.

Don't worry. The minivan isn't going to turn me into one of those moms who always wears workout clothes that have never actually been worn to work out, along with a hat and every diamond she owns. (I don't really understand that ensemble, but I see it a lot.)
I'm not about to start dolling Sweet Pea up in those ruffle outfits that look like ugly curtains from the early 90's, accessorized with a bow the size of our house. I won't be having every article of clothing Baby D owns monogrammed.

It's just a minivan, folks. Not a lobotomy.

I've been initiated.

(Maybe the GPS knows how to get to Hogwarts?)

No comments: