December 4, 2012

Sweet Pea is 3!

Happy, happy birthday to the little girl who stole our hearts and turned me into a pile of mush three years ago!

She has gone from a sleepy bundle of sweet-smelling love, to a beautiful, wonderful, intelligent child in such a short time.

In the future, I'm going to want to remember that when Madeline was three, she told me that things "smell like butterflies" when they have a pleasant scent.
 I'm going to want to remember that her compassionate heart was already starting to show itself when we went shopping for our angel tree child and she was so concerned the a little boy didn't have shoes or socks, that she asked me to buy shoes for his mommy and get him something yummy to eat, too. I'll want to tell her about how she melted my heart every day when she would walk over to me and kiss my arm before wrapping her arms around my leg and saying, "You're my favorite in the whole world!"
When she and her brother are older and at each other's throats, I'll want to remind her that she used to bring him toys to make him happy when he cried, and that she couldn't stop hugging him.

But, that's the future. Right now, let's just see some pictures of our precious Sweet Pea.






We love you, Madeline!
God has awesome plans for you and we can't wait to see what's in store!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: