November 23, 2012

Thankful

I meant to do a Thanksgiving post yesterday. Really. I did.

Better late than never, right?

I sent out a Thanksgiving ecard to family members, and it bore a quote that sums up the attitude that I want to have, not just in November, but always.

"Gratefulness is being more aware of what you have than of what you don't have."

I didn't do the thankfulness posts this year for that very reason. I'm trying to resolve to always be grateful, rather than always lamenting what I don't have (and honestly, don't need).

I don't need bigger, shinier, fancier, nicer, I-want-to-impress-my-neighbors-and-have-that-thing-just-because-they-do stuff. It's not a competition.

I woke up this morning. So did my husband, and so did my kids. We're warm, well-fed, clean, and dressed.
For all these things, I am thankful. Most of the world would be ecstatic if they could claim that many advantages in one breath.

Thank you, God.

No comments: