December 12, 2011

Sweet David James

Yes, I know I've been slack about posting all the awesome things about our David. I feel horrible about that, especially since I posted so much about Madeline during the first few weeks of her life. But, I guess I'm destined to saddle the poor boy with second child syndrome. Between accepting "gifts" of ornaments from the tree that Madeline brings me (because she's helping me 'keen up!'), the constant care that always accompanies the first couple of months of a baby's life, and trying to keep some semblance of order around the house, I just haven't had time to blog as much. I will tell you that this smile is almost always on his precious little face. He is such a sweet, happy baby! He loves to cuddle and has a smile for everyone who holds him. And, oh my gosh, does he adore Madeline! We made an attempt at having Christmas pictures made (another post for another time) and the incredibly patient photographer had a hard time getting him to look at the camera because he was so focused on what his big sister was doing.


Here she is showing him how the floor gym works. I'm not kidding. I put him down and she lay beside him, pointed to all the toys attached and said, "Yook, Dabid!" They seem to have a very special bond already. Oh, and try to ignore Madeline's shiner in this picture. No, I haven't signed her up for boxing lessons. She got into an altercation with the bannister, and the bannister won.

I promise, faithful five readers, to post more about our happy boy. He's about to be 2 months old! Can you believe it?


You know what's funny? As an only child, I couldn't imagine being able to love anyone as much as I love Madeline. But, I was soooo wrong! This little guy sets my heart on fire just as much as his sister always has!

No comments: