September 9, 2011

A Couple More

I wanted to add some things to the last post, not only because I'm convinced that the entire world (or, again, the 5 people who actually read this blog) think my child is the most adorable creature they've ever seen and are completely mesmerized by every word she says - like we are.
OK, chances are you probably love your own kid more than you love mine, and I don't blame you. But, thanks for indulging me, anyway.

Truth be told, this blog serves as a baby book for me. Although she has an actual baby book and I do occasionally write in it, I'm more likely to record her milestones and activities here and then go back and record them in ink later.

When Madeline sees or tastes something, she will tell us, "I yike it," or "I don' yike it." When it comes to food, "I yike it" is usually preceded by "Mmmmm, good!"

"I do it!" Our new couches are a little taller than the old one, which makes it slightly more difficult for a not-quite-two-year-old to climb up and sit with us. However, if I try to help her, she's probably going to tell me, "I do it!" or "I got it." She also says it sometimes when I try to help her up the stairs or out of her stroller.

It's not uncommon for our Sweet Pea to see a sign or billboard and point out what's on it. For instance, on our way to Nashville, Madeline piped up from the back seat, "Waffle! Waffle!" It took us a minute to realize we were approaching a billboard for a restaurant advertising their breakfast special. She especially likes to point out letters, even though she only knows a few of them. She surprised me the other day when we were reading her alphabet book and she said, "O. Owl." And, she was right!

Finally, and probably the most telling, she recognizes the Starbucks logo. When she sees it anywhere, she says, "Mommy coggee." No, that's not a typo. She replaces the "f" sound in coffee with the "g" sound. The point is, she recognizes that green circle with the lady in the middle and she knows what beverage comes in that cup. That's my girl!

No comments: