July 28, 2009

Baby dancin'

I've heard friends describe it as a monkey running around, a guinea pig on a wheel, and a fish flopping around. I think it feels like a lizard running across the inside of my lower abdomen. There's no zoo moving around in my belly, just an active little girl who wants to participate in the conversation!

I like to imagine that she's listening to something like ABBA or KC and the Sunshine Band, dancing around and singing karaoke. Hey, it's a nicer image than a lizard! Madeline, the dancing queen...

What's really exciting is that Dan has been able to feel her moving a couple of times now. He's going to be such a great daddy!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the name....very pretty.

Rachael said...

How cool...Lilah always, always, always stopped moving every time that Ben put his hand on her. It got to the point that when I was wore out from the inside out, I would come in the living room and say, "Make her be still for just a little while!" and he could put his hands on my belly and say, "Lilah, this is your daddy. You need to give Mommy a break." and I SWEAR to goodness she'd be all kinds of still.

But even though he never felt her much, he got to see her knees/elbows/giant head as she wriggled around. I even caught some of that on film. LOL

I did not really enjoy it while I was pregnant, but have since learned to appreciate all that dancing around!

[btw: In trying to conceive lingo, "baby dancing" is...well...let's just say I wondered what on earth you were about to tell us in this post! ;-)]

shylove said...

Good Article! I like this post. thank for your sharing ... very helpfull for me :)