November 26, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness, Part 4

7 is the magic number for today.

1. I'm thankful that I had a good, brief checkup with Dr. T today. One pound gained. Blood pressure lower than I thought it would be, all things considered. Heartbeat good. See you in two weeks.

2. I'm thankful for the life of my great-grandmother's baby sister, Aunt Inez, whose physical presence will most likely be leaving us very soon. She made fantastic chicken spaghetti and is the only family member, including myself, who ever remembered that I am allergic to feather pillows.

3. I'm thankful that I get to watch my favorite Thanksgiving cartoons from my childhood with my babies.

4. I'm thankful for a warm, dry home when it's so cold and rainy outside.

5. I'm thankful that my almost-four-year-old can list several things for which she is thankful, then tell me that she loves and thanks God with her, "whole heart. All of it."

6. I'm thankful for a husband who respects me as his equal. You'd be amazed how many women not only don't have that, but think it's OK.

7. I'm thankful for a pastor who admonished us to want what we have and be grateful for it. Sometimes we needs reminders that if we are fed, clothed, sheltered, and loved, we are among the richest people in the world.

No comments: