October 1, 2012

Conspiracy!

As you can imagine, with a last name like Head, it gets tricky when you're trying to decide on the perfect name for your baby. For example, I always thought I would name my son Phillip, after my father. Nope. Couldn't do it. That's a screwdriver.
Obviously, Ted, Ned, and Ed were out of the question. I couldn't name him after Harry Potter, as much as I wanted to, because it's just cruel to give a child a moniker like Harry Head. (Yes, David has the same middle name as HP. We'll just keep calling it a coincidence.) Names that end in "er" can get iffy. Sawyer: "I Sawyer Head in a pictrure in the yearbook." Tucker: "She's hyperventilating?? Tucker Head between her knees!"
Where am I going with this, you ask? You probably already know we had a hard time creating a name for Baby D. Madeline was easy. We ruled out one or two that we didn't both love and BAM! Our Sweet Pea had a name.
Dan had a couple of suggestions before we settled on David. Abraham. Leon. Matthew, which would leave us with Matt and Maddie (you know that's what they would call them!) - because I am just that cutesy.
His personal favorite, however, was and still is, Robert Leon. Don't let him tell you it's for his grandfather. He wanted to name him that so he would be Bob L. Head.
If asked, he would tell you he was just kidding.
Oh, reeeeeeeeaaaally, Mr. Head?
Then, how do you explain THIS:
Do you really expect me to believe that it's pure coincidence that David's friend, Hannah, who gave him this adorable t-shirt, is the daughter of your good friend? Hmm?
Well, don't get any ideas. His name is David, and that's the name he's keeping. We're not changing it, even if he is dressed like a bobble head.

That said, we do love the shirt and the hoodie. Thanks, Hannah!! And of course, thanks to Hannah's mommy and daddy who had to drive her to the store to pick out Baby D's birthday gift.

No comments: