May 7, 2012

What's New at Head Manor

What's new around here? Well, let's see. It's hot.

It's really, really hot. It's 90 degrees in May. For my international friends, that's 32.2C. I'm going to get this out of my system now so I don't have to drive you nuts with my repeated declarations of how evil summer is. Here we go: I hate summer. I hate being hot. Sweat is the most deplorable bodily fluid; no human should smell like a barnyard animal. I hate the way my face breaks out, the way everyone stinks to high heaven, the way I have to worry about my children having a heat stroke on the way to the car, the way the humidity makes my hair look like a fern, and the way I have to wear clothes that show more skin than I'm comfortable showing, just so I won't die.
Redeeming qualities of summer: Tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, and peaches. There. I feel better.

Look how red her hot, sweaty face is! (But, isn't she beautiful?)
"Hey, what's in this stuff? Anything that will cool it off out here?"

OK. I'm done. For now. The hotter it gets, the more angry and bitter I become.

In other news, I learned that I have astigmatism and now have to wear glasses. So, when you see future photos of a bespectacled me, you won't be surprised. Also, we have a visitor! Aunt Meredith finished up her exams and made the trek to Birmingham to hang out with us. That's her holding Baby D in the picture above.

So, I guess that's all we have going on as of now. I'll update with something more profound another time, like when I don't need to fold three loads of laundry and plan dinner. :)



1 comment:

Rachael M. said...

It's still only in the low 80's here.

aka COME VISIT! :-)