May 9, 2012

A Good Blog to Read

I thought I might share this blog upon which I recently stumbled.

It deals with kids and good manners, and Lord knows, the world would be a much nicer place if people would actually heed the lessons in good manners passed down from their Grannies. It all starts at home, folks.

Here are just a few items I observed while skimming through the blog this morning:
  • Chewing with one's mouth open.
  • Not saying please and thank you. As the blogger points out, "I mean you are the centre of the world aren’t you, and everyone else is here to please you."
  • Interrupting people.
 It's all about the Golden Rule. I guess if you don't really care if someone thinks they're more important than you and that your time and words are worthless, the Golden Rule doesn't really apply to you. As for the rest of us, we're glad that some people are still teaching their children how to respect themselves and other people.

I will tell you that if you are an English teacher, you're going to want to go after this blog with a red pen. But, the content is worth reading.

Enjoy!

Teaching Children Manners

No comments: