February 1, 2012

17 Has Turned 35

Yes, my birthday was yesterday. Remember when you thought 35 was ancient? HA!
We didn't take any pictures this year, but I thought I'd leave you with one, along with some John Cougar Mellencamp (before he dropped the "Cougar") lyrics.
Some people are embarrassed by their old pictures. I'm not. I use them to prove that I used to be thin and that I look awesome as a redhead.


17 has turned 35.

I'm surprised that we're still livin'.

If we've done any wrong,

I hope that we're forgiven.


Got a few kids of my own,

And some days I still don't know what to do.

I hope that they're not laughing too loud

When they hear me talkin' like this to you.


That's when a sport was a sport,

And groovin' was groovin'.

Dancin' meant everything.

We were young and we were improving.


Laughin', laughin' with our friends.

Holdin' hands meant somethin', baby!

Outside the club, Cherry Bomb

Our hearts were in it, my friend.


Say yeah, yeah, yeah.

Say yeah, yeah, yeah.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture is great.