July 27, 2011

Birthdays and Basketball

Madeline and I had the pleasure of celebrating with adorable Ryder at his 2nd birthday party this afternoon. I tried really hard to get some good pictures of the cousins in the same vicinity, but since Madeline wanted to be attached to my hip and Ryder moves faster than my camera, most of them are of Madeline watching Ryder walk away. :)

[caption id="attachment_1184" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Where'd he go?""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1185" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Bye Bye, Ryder!""][/caption]

 And then, there was the moment of which her daddy was most proud. This was Madeline's first attempt at playing basketball. In addition to the wildly popular choo-choo train, Ryder's party was also equipped with a basketball...um...thing (Dan says it's called a goal, and I should stop being such a ninny). I know there was a ball floating around somewhere, but Madeline decided this game should be played with a balloon.

[caption id="attachment_1186" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""I wonder if I can get this balloon into that basket.""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1187" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Of course I can. Mommy and Daddy said there's nothing I can't do.""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1188" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Go, Madeline!""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1189" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="And, the crowd goes wild!"][/caption]

(Don't worry. She's still our sugar and spice and everything nice Princess Diva Madeline.)

No comments: