May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

"Her children arise and call her blessed..."  Proverbs 31:28

A very happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! And, let us not overlook the mothers-to-be!

 Last year at this time, I got such a thrill when someone wished me Happy Mother's Day, even though Madeline was still resembling a sea monkey in my uterus.

This year, I was able to spend the day with my own lovely mom while showing off this sweet, smiling baby that God has given us. It may sound strange, but today was the first time I really felt like a mom. I mean, I know Madeline is mine and I'm her mommy. I remember the nine months leading up to her arrival. We have definitely bonded as mother and daughter and I love her more than I ever knew I had the capacity to love. But, today I felt like the MOM. You know, the mom in Mary Cassatt paintings, the mom making pancakes in the Bisquick commercial, Marion Cunningham. THAT mom. And, I loved it!!

I will leave you with this quote, and then a couple of pictures from today.

"A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking; it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking." -- Helen Rice

[caption id="attachment_558" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Grandma, Mommy, and Madeline"][/caption]

No comments: