October 28, 2014

Clumsy, or Normal?

You've seen Goo, right? The final installment of the Head trifecta? The baby who was wearing 18 month clothes at 7.5 months old? My child who is now nine months old and wears 2T-3T socks? The one who wears the same Alabama jersey his big brother wore two years ago, but looks like he should actually be playing football in it?


I love that kid.


I think he might be a little clumsy, though.


If you've seen him, you have doubtless seen him with a bruise on his head or a scratch on his face. Ever since he started crawling, he has been in a much better mood. However, he smacks right into stuff. Today, it was the TV stand. And the table leg. And his bedroom door. Last week, he had a big ol' goose egg on his forehead from crawling directly into Sweet Pea's bedpost. I spend a good portion of each day consoling him after he has crawled himself into an injury.


Now, he is much faster and more mobile than either of my other two, who have mostly been content to play a game or to occupy a lap and read. So, that leaves me wondering if this perceived clumsiness is actually a normal part of the active infant's life, and I just don't know about it because my first and second children were so calm and relatively quiet. I know that's the case with the sleep thing. Sweet Pea and Buddy sleep like champs and always have. Not Goo. He's getting better, though.


He is just so different from his brother and sister. If you roll a ball for him, he crawls at lightning speed to retrieve it and giggles with sheer delight. So, I'm thinking he might be athletically inclined. Great.


People always look at him and say, "Look how big he is! He's going to be a snerginflergin!" (That's what I hear when you use football words. Every time DWH watches ESPN and I hear someone say, "Nickelback," I'm terrified that I'm going to have to suffer through "How You Remind Me.")
That's great if he likes the whole sports thing, but if this continues, I'm a little nervous about letting him play.


But, this is normal, right? It's a normal part of being a nine month old with lot of energy and I shouldn't worry that he has depth perception issues. Right? RIGHT??



No comments: