January 5, 2014

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, I'm Ready To Have This Baby.

I didn't do a Christmas or New Year post. I'd love to be able to give you a philosophical, theological, or simply a practical reason for that. I don't have one. I just didn't do it.

So, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, as we did. New Year's Eve was uneventful, as you would expect from two introverts who have small children and are just two short weeks from having another one. But, it was peaceful and nice.

Now, the big event on our list is the 13 day countdown to Noah, who still has no middle name. Sweet Pea is incredibly excited and Little Buddy is starting to get a clue that something is going on. He says it's OK if Noah sleeps in his old crib, but he's drawing the line at sharing his toys.

As for DWH and me, we're just ready. READY!! There are still a few things we need to do around the house before the final volume in our trilogy is released to the world, but I want to hold this little guy and kiss his sweet face. And, I want him off my bladder.

We have a lot going on right now. There are so many unanswered questions, and if you know me, you know that unanswered questions do not sit well with me. But, still, they're there. When will the door open for DWH's new job? Where will it be? How are we going to squeeze three kids into a house that's already overflowing with kid stuff? What the heck is this kid's middle name going to be???

But, in the midst of all the unanswered questions, which, again, are torture for a worry wart like me, there are so, so many more blessings.
There will be another little Head here in several days and he is going to be just as awesome as his brother and sister. I had a moment this morning when I looked at my two babies and thought, they are so beautiful that I can't believe they're really mine.
Although "acts of service" is not my primary love language, it is so nice to have the best husband ever, who cleaned out the pantry last night after I went to bed without my even mentioning it, and goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable and rested in these last couple of weeks of pregnancy.

All the questions will be answered in this new year that God has created. That much, I know. I'm just looking forward to the blessings that lie ahead, and am trying to anticipate them with excitement instead of worry.

No comments: