December 20, 2013

Merry Merry

Truth be told, we have a lot of things going on right now. So, I haven't forgotten you. We just didn't send out cards this year.

We also didn't spend a ton of money on Christmas gifts, for various reasons, including the need to save for baby Noah, personal convictions (That's not what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown,) and a real-life, honest to goodness Scrooge.

So, we're keeping it simple this year. We're not traveling since it's not advisable for someone who is this close to baby time to be far from home and OB/GYN. I'm making the gifts for grandparents. We're filling our anticipation time with activities that require us to sit close to each other and interact, like reading Christmas books and baking cookies together as a family.

I kind of like it this way. I like that we're making our own Christmas memories in our oh-so-snug little dwelling. Oh, don't get me wrong; I have every intention of having us in a different cozy home this time next year - one with room for all five of us and a bit more storage space - but I hope that the simplicity of just hanging out as a family, anticipating the coming Christ together, and just not putting our focus on presents and making everyone else happy, will continue in the coming years.

I know I say it every year, but really, who looks happier?
These people, desperate for material stuff:




Or, these people, who care more about who's around the tree than what's under it:


I think so, too.

5 more Advent days until Christmas!

No comments: