August 3, 2013

Just Four Weeks Away...

...from learning the sex of Volume III in the Babyhead Trilogy. Already?? Wow. Compared to the other two, I feel like this pregnancy has flown. I have my sixteen week checkup in a few days, and at my next appointment, we get to find out whose hand-me-downs this baby will be wearing.

Maybe this pregnancy seems to be going so much more quickly because it's, you know, not my first rodeo and I'm not worried that I'm doing irreparable harm to the baby every time I choose to watch an Adam Sandler movie over listening to Bach. I do love a good fugue, but sometimes you just need to laugh at something stupid.
Maybe this one doesn't seem to be taking so long because we're running out of living space for all these little people, and running out of time to secure more. Space, that is. Not people.
Maybe it's because, with the other two, I spent so much time (seriously, soooo much time) thinking about things like whether I was having a boy or a girl, who the baby would look like, what name we would finally choose, etc.

It's not as if I haven't thought about those things this time. It's just that, I already have a girl and a boy, so I really don't have a preference either way. I will be equally overjoyed with either. And, for once, I'm not just saying that because it's what I'm supposed to say. When we found out Sweet Pea was a girl, I acted all pleasantly surprised, but on the inside, my brain said, "YES!!!!" I really wanted Brother D to be a boy, even though I was terrified when it was confirmed. Still am, a little, but mostly when he tries so jump off furniture and such. (WHY does he have a death wish??? Am I that bad???)

We already have one who looks like DWH and one who looks like me, so I really don't care who this baby resembles. (Don't make me get out the baby pictures from the 70's. That girl is DWH all over.) Who will s/he look like? Me? DWH? His family? My family? Leon?

Of course, the baby will look like Leon. Everyone looks like Leon.
 (I'll be happy to explain that to any non-Heads who are curious.)

I have a blond and a brunette.
Maybe I will finally have a redhead, although the odds are not ever in my favor on that one. :(
I've had one bald baby and one with a shock of thick, brown hair.

As far as names are concerned, a girl will have the name I promised to DWH a few years ago, and boy name discussions are going much more smoothly than last time. Poor Brother D didn't have a middle name until we were filling out the paperwork for his birth certificate.

And, what do you think?

Will our trilogy be completed with a girl or a boy?
Blond? Brunette? Redhead??

We can provide an answer to the first one just after Labor Day, but you'll have to wait until January to find out if you are right about the second.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Girl!

Anonymous said...

A girl!! But don't go by what I say, I am usually WRONG! Can't wait to see everyone!