August 21, 2013

Because This Blog Is My Baby Book

Sort of. I have a baby book for each of my children, and someday, I'm going to scroll through this blog and write everything in them. Someday, D might want to know that his first word was "light," or that he stopped eating anything other than fruit, yogurt, or bread on the week of his first birthday.

I keep seeing these adorable pictures that parents are creating for the first day of school, with fun facts about their sweet little ones listed on the side to remind them of who they were when they were little. So, I'd like to make such a list for my babies, minus the pictures because I have been remiss in my camera-wielding duties as of late.

Sweet Pea
Age: 3
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond
Favorite Food: Yogurt and strawberries
Favorite Books: The Fancy Nancy Series and The Jesus Storybook Bible
Favorite Colors: Purple, pink, and orange - in that order.
Favorite TV Show: Sophia the First
Favorite Toys: Your dollhouse, Little People, and baby dolls
When I Grow Up: "I'm going to be in the circus. I'm going to do ballet stuff and princess things."

Sweet Pea, you are a very polite and affectionate little girl. You and your brother love each other so much, and I hope that continues. You like coloring, painting, and crafts, as well as anything that has to do with ballet. You will begin dance classes next month. Yay! You are very, very funny and you already have your own sense of wit, along with a bit of a sassy mouth. You also like to talk. A lot. You are showing signs of being strong-willed and independent and I wouldn't have you any other way. You're just a little shy when you first meet new people or enter new surroundings, but it doesn't take long for you to warm up and have a good time.
We love you, sweet girl!

Buddy (Because you're too big for me to call you Baby D anymore.)
Age: 22 months
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown (and it grows like crazy!)
Favorite Food: Bananas, grapes, yogurt, and pancakes. You refuse to eat much else.
Favorite Books: The How Do Dinosaurs... Series and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Favorite Toys: Your pirate ship, your Batcave, and whatever Sweet Pea has.

Buddy, you are also very polite and affectionate. Although, for some reason, you say, "thank you" to everyone except Daddy. Little stinker. For most of the day, you would rather play, but when you're ready to snuggle and read books, you're ready right then. Speaking of books, you can't get enough of them. I love watching you sit on the living room floor and "read" all the books you've pulled off the shelf. You like Batman, Caillou, and anything Disney. You smile and laugh during most of your waking hours. You are definitely more of a daredevil than your sister, resulting in bumps, bruises, and booboos. It makes me a nervous wreck, but it doesn't seem to faze you at all. You just get up and start over again. We can't wait to see what the next year brings!
We love you, Bud!

Both

You both love music, and right now, you seem to have a small addiction to the Beatles. Every time we get into the car, you ask for "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds," and if we don't play it, you start singing it, anyway.
You are both great nappers, awesome night time sleepers, and terribly picky eaters. But, since I'd rather pack some just-in-case fruit and a sandwich than stay up all night, I'm OK with that.

You are both wonderful, smart, strong people who have the potential to show the love and hope and compassion of Christ in the world. Do it. All the money and notoriety in the world will never give you the peace that living out that mission can give.

We love you both so much, it's hard to put into words. But, I hope that love will help to build you into the awesome individuals you were made to be.
Oh, and be nice to your new brother or sister. S/he will love you, too. :)






No comments: