June 5, 2013

Follow Up on BabyLit

So, we made our weekly trek to the library today and guess what Baby D found lurking on the shelves?
The BabyLit versions of A Christmas Carol and Romeo and Juliet!

Woohoo!

Naturally, we brought them home and went to readin'.

Pride and Prejudice is still my favorite, but A Christmas Carol is a nice one, as well. It is not a counting primer, as the P&P and R&J books, but a look at colors through the eyes of Ebenezer Scrooge. There's a green wreath, Fezziwig's blue coat, and a red scarf for Tiny Tim, just to name a few.

While I still find the R&J counting primer to be an awesome addition to any kid's library, my English teacher brain and natural dark side want to change a few things. For instance, if I had written this one, there would be one bottle of poison, two feuding families, three murders, five dead teenagers, etc.
What? You weren't thinking the same thing?

Have I mentioned that I love these books?

Our library has this fabulous play area where the kids can do fun stuff between choosing books. At least, until it gets to be unbearably hot outside.

No comments: