January 14, 2013

Baby D is 15 Months Old!

My beautiful, wonderful boy is 15 months old. I am absolutely reeling at this realization. Holy cow! I'd love to let you see a picture of his handsome face, but blogger still is not allowing me to upload pictures from my computer. So, I guess I'll just have to let you know what Baby Butters is up to. Oh, and if you're wondering why I call him that, as I'm sure anyone who has heard it does, it's because when we started shopping for him when I was pregnant, Sweet Pea would point to different new things and say, "Dat's baby butter's." She's gotten much better at saying "brother," but it was really cute when she wasn't yet two.

And speaking of adorable pronunciations, allow me to translate some David dialect for you.

Cuh: cup
Cow: cow (duh)
Bock: book
Sah: sock
See-ew: shoe
Bock ball: football
Tahs: toes
Daddy: Could be Dan. Could be me.
Sits: sister
Nooooo: nose
Cap: clap

He also shakes his head vigorously when he doesn't want something, or doesn't want to do something. I'm not sure when he picked that up, but it usually occurs when I try to get him to eat something other that fruit, yogurt, or bread.

I don't think we're quite ready to sign him up for the Mercedes Marathon yet, but he is getting pretty good at navigating his way around the living room and kitchen as a biped. He's pretty proud of himself for it, too. :)

What a blessing he is! If I could hold him and kiss his chubby little cheeks all day, I would. Alas, he won't let me. He's busy and has stuff to do that doesn't involve being hanging out in Mommy's lap.

Dramatic sigh.

Hopefully, I'll be able to share some new pictures soon. I mean, who doesn't want to gush over that precious little face??


No comments: