August 31, 2012

School Days!


Yesterday, we attended orientation for Madeline's preschool/David's mother's day out at CASA. Madeline is so excited! I was a little concerned when we were on the way there and she kept asking me if I was going to stay and play with her. But, once we arrived, she would not rest until we visited her classroom. Then, she met her teachers and made herself at home with the toys and books in her new classroom. And, Madeline being Madeline, she told me to go home. She didn't want to leave.

As much as I like that she's feisty and independent, I really hope she doesn't show off that sassy mouth to her teachers.

So, we picked up their backpacks, learned the rules for carpool and lunch time, and we were on our way home. Madeline's teachers sent us a copy of the discipline form used in her class. Apparently, they go to time out for things like talking instead of listening, throwing toys, and not sharing.
You might want to say a little prayer for Sweet Pea.

Tuesday is the big first day of school, so look forward to some pictures and a full report of their first day.

Wow. The kids are going to school. Maybe my floors will get mopped. Maybe I'll go to the bathroom ALL BY MYSELF. Or, maybe I'll sit here sipping martinis, talking on the phone, and watching The Young and the Restless, because that's what all stay-at-home moms do, right?

No comments: