October 26, 2011

A New Normal?

There are still no good pictures of my two babies together. Sorry. Hmmm...I wonder if I'm apologizing to you or me?

We've been trying to settle into a new normal. That is, we're trying to settle into a new "normal for now." This is the normal in which Madeline watches too much Caillou and makes the living room look like a toy store exploded; the normal in which I can't pick her up to love on her or put her in her high chair; the normal in which I can't scrub the bathroom or vacuum the floors (Hey! I used to do that occasionally!).

This is the new normal in which Dan takes over the stuff I used to do - dishes, laundry, Madeline's bath, making arrangements for dinner - until I feel up to it. He's been such a huge help, and never complains.
Everybody sing! What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man! (He's a mighty, mighty good man!) Many thanks to Salt n' Pepa for providing today's soundtrack.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the new "normal for now." I do not like being limited in what I can do. I don't want to have someone else do the laundry. I don't want to have someone else put my baby girl to bed. Again, I do not like limits! Thankfully, it should only be a couple of weeks. Still. What's funny is that I was so eager to not be pregnant anymore so that I could move around freely and sleep better. Then, I had a c-section. Hmph.

Enough whining. I love my husband. I love my kids. I am more blessed and thankful than I can put into words. God has been so, so much more gracious and kind to me than I deserve.

I can do this, right?

No comments: