October 20, 2011

And Now, There Are Four

I've been trying to get a decent picture of Madeline and David together, but the suddenly camera-shy diva has not allowed that to happen.
We thought you might want to know the story of Baby D's arrival.
6 a.m. was our arrival time at the hospital, and things seemed to be moving pretty quickly - that is, until the afternoon approached, I was 8 cm, and the kid hadn't budged an inch. C-section time! No, it wasn't in the plan, but he's here safe and healthy, and that's all we really cared about.
After one extra day in the hospital, we brought out sweet boy home to his room and his big sister. I don't think she quite knew what to think of him at first, but now she's a bit of a mother hen. She finds things for him, brings him his blanket or his paci, kisses his head and tells him she loves him; it's so, so sweet.
So, I'm still pretty sore and can't do a lot. It's killing me that I can't pick up Madeline. Seriously, killing me. But, Dan is the most incredible husband on earth and has done an excellent job taking care of me, Madeline, and the laundry while I feed David and try to heal so I can chase a toddler and take care of a newborn at the same time.
That's all I have for now, I think. Praise God for my healthy, wonderful babies and my awesome husband. I couldn't ask for more.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So so so sweet!! I wish you all the best in the world! God has truly blessed you all!

Love, Betty Sue