December 11, 2010

I Have Something to Say.

Last Christmas was, technically, Madeline's first. But, she was three weeks old and slept through it; I was tired, Dan was tired, and we were so focused on adjusting to having a baby in the house that we didn't even get a tree. Don't get me wrong - it was a wonderful Christmas! Who wouldn't love a Christmas morning with a tiny bundle of sweetness to cuddle?

But, this is Madeline's first Christmas for watching Christmas cartoons, listening to Christmas carols, opening presents and playing with them, and being mesmerized by the pretty lights and Santa. I've almost gotten her to say Ho! Ho! Ho!

I'm very excited for this time of year. The weather is colder. There are lights, trees, and ribbons everywhere. Christmas carols are being played and sung at church. The Carpenters are singing "Merry Christmas, Darling" on the radio. Oh, and did I mention that I love giving gifts and seeing how much people enjoy them?

SO, to all you Grinches and Scrooges out there who look at the negative things about the season (the debt, the mess, the traffic)...





...Yeah, I'm talking to YOU!

Keep your Grinchyness and Scroogeisms to yourself, or take them somewhere else. Just because you are choosing to have a nasty Christmas attitude doesn't mean the rest of us are going to let you ruin it for us. Sweet Pea and I are going to HoHoHo and Falalalala from now until December 25th. You're going to hear it, you're going to listen, you're going to smile, and you're going to LIKE IT!

Oh, and one more thing.

Santa Claus is watching you.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Gee Heather, some times a person just loses their Christmas mojo.....it doesn't mean I am a scrooge!!!!

As to Miss Head's first Christmas. It's gonna be soooooo fun! Take lots of video and pictures!