January 23, 2010

Oops.

Madeline is wonderful and we're good. The computer is...well, not so good. Apparently, computers do not like coffee as much as I do. Dan is going to take it to work to see if they can fix it. If not, I guess we'll be getting a new one.

My bad. :(

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this question:

Why do people use masculine pronouns when referring to my little girl? Twice now, even though she's wearing a shirt with pink hearts or covered with a floral blanket, someone has said something along the lines of, "Oh he's fast asleep!"  Is there a new 'babies in drag' trend that I missed? Just curious.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Girl - get used to it. Until she has long, flowing hair with about 30 bows stuck in it, she is a "he" to the general public.

Lilah won't keep bows in her hair, and no amount of pink, purple, hearts, flowers, glitter etc. sidelines the "isn't he darlin'?" comments.

I don't get it, either. I finally bought Lilah a little onesie that had pink, glittery trim and said in an enormous glittery, pink font: I AM NOT A BOY!

But she couldn't wear it every day.

Cindy said...

If it makes you feel any better, Tash calls boys "she" and girls "he"....she cannot get it straight. Mind you, she is just little so that can be her excuse.