June 29, 2009

Things No One Told Me, Part 1

I knew I would grow a big belly, and that I might get nauseous. I knew I might get a little moody, and that there was a chance I might crave weird things.

But, there are a few thingsI didn't realize would be going on at 17 weeks into growing a new person.

No One Told Me:

- That my stomach would become a bottomless pit and I would never feel full again.

- That I would become practically bipolar.  One minute I'm great, the next minute I'm ready to reach through the TV and strangle the woman singing off-key in the Sun Chips commercial.

- That my fingernails would become talons.

- That napping would become a necessity, rather than just a luxury.

- That every little twinge or headache would have me googling my brains out to make sure everything's normal and the baby's OK.

- That my job search would have me looking for jobs that are in the baby's best interest, not mine.

- That doctor appointments would be so stinkin' exciting.

- That choosing the perfect name for a child would be this hard.

- That I could ever feel this eager to feel something move inside my body.

 

I'm sure  I'll have more to add as the weeks wear on. It seems as if there is always more to learn!

 

-

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I am laughing my butt off reading this!!!!
Do not forget your hair will grow faster and you may grow hair in places you never had it before or that you may get a skin discoloration anywhere on your face or body!!!!!!! Then again, you may not. But you will, if you don't already...will have to go pee all the time! Fun, fun, fun!
As to googling....I did that. My OBGYN was always annoyed with me for that! LOL Second baby you will not do that....as much.
Hang in there. This is only a season and one where the reward is greater than the journey to get it!
Hugs

Rachael said...

I had the opposite problem with food. I carried so high that my stomach was compressed like I had had a gastric bypass and so I had to just eat tiny meals! I guess it was good for my weight, though! LOL

Oh, the napping...I've found that it remains a necessity, even six months (REALLY!?) later :-D

I googled when I was trying to get pregnant and I google now. You and Google will be BFF. :-D

I'm so excited to read someone else's journey through pregnancy! I like to see how things are different for each person.

Jenn said...

We probably told you, you just didn't understand...until now. :)

Isn't it the best - ever?!?!!!!