February 5, 2010

2 Months Old!

Has it really been nine weeks? Really? I can't believe how much Madeline has grown in the past two  months. She's already wearing 3-6 month clothes, mostly because she's so stinkin' tall. Speaking of baby clothes, am I the only one who has noticed that the sizes make no sense? If the average 8-week-old baby weighs roughly 11 pounds, why are 3 month clothes made for babies who weigh up to 12 pounds? Where's Scooby Doo with the Mystery Mobile when you need him?

Remember when you were a little kid and all the old folks said you were "growing like a weed," or some other simile that made it seem as if you went from infant to kindergartener over night? Remember thinking that these old people must be crazy because it had taken what seemed like decades just to get from Christmas to Easter? I'm sure Madeline doesn't feel that way yet, but she will. And, I have already joined the ranks of the old geezers who wonder how in the world this kid went from being a heartbeat and a flutter inside my belly, to being a cooing, giggling diva in such a short time.

Sigh. I suppose I should get back to life before Madeline wakes up from her nap, but I'll leave you with this picture to gush over.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I am so happy for blogs, email and facebook otherwise I would miss out on her growth altogether! She really has changed so much in the short time she has been outta the oven!

Nancy M. said...

Oh {Gush!}
I was guilty of a geezerism last night. I lifted my almost 6 y/o (in 18 days) GS up & said, "Wow, you're getting so heavy I can barely lift you any more. Remember when I used to pick you up over my head & throw you around?" (which I then proceeded to prove that I can still do... {huff}{puff} Who needs the gym?? LOL)

Precious, precious times you have now w/ Madeline. I never thought I would be one to say this, but they do grow up so fast! ♥

Rachael said...

Love your blogging AND seeing picture of that precious girl!!!