December 29, 2009

2009 - The Year of the Snuggie

With only two days left in this decade, I thought today would be a good day to review our whirlwind year. And, what a year it has been!

When 2009 began, we had just recently moved back to Alpharetta from Sydney, Australia. We were engaged, planning the best wedding EVER, and making googly eyes at each other. Then, on January 24th, I married my best friend in the ballroom of an Antebellum house in a small Southern town.

[caption id="attachment_374" align="aligncenter" width="199" caption="My feet were freezing in this picture. It was January and I still don't know exactly where I had left my shoes when this picture was taken."][/caption]

I turned 32 exactly one week later, while we were on our honeymoon at Disneyworld. Yes, folks. I got to spend my birthday at the happiest place on earth (next to Starbucks) and Dan took me to Cirque du Soleil, which was awesome but the real attraction on the anniversary of my birth was the Snuggie I got to unwrap! I've decided that if I ever return to teaching Sunday school to six-year-olds, I'm going to wear my Snuggie and be a life-sized, felt Bible story board.



[caption id="attachment_375" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Think this is a picture of Cinderella's castle? Nope! It's a picture of a bunch of Floridians wearing those ever-so-fashionable fanny packs and sun visors. Black socks with sandals, anyone?"][/caption]


Just before Easter, God blessed us with the miracle that would become Madeline. We loved her from the second we saw that second pink line, and her story is chronicled in this blog.

[caption id="attachment_377" align="aligncenter" width="294" caption="What a sweet face!"][/caption]

This fall, Dan accepted a new job in Birmingham. So, I quit my job at Tutoring Club, loaded up my big, round belly full o' baby and we moved into our new place.

We've wrapped up the year by welcoming our beautiful baby girl to the world.

[caption id="attachment_380" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Don't you just want to cover her with kisses?"][/caption]

It's been crazy, but it has all been worth it.

So, farewell, 2009. You were good to us. I'll remember you fondly every time I kiss my loving husband good night, every time I look at my precious little girl and see both Dan and me, every time we take her to Disneyworld, and every time I snuggle up in my Snuggie.

Thank you for sharing this year with us, and stay tuned to watch our sweet Madeline grow!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What an amazing and blessing filled year! Here's praying that the new year brings you even greater blessings.

Rachael said...

What I want to know is: How can you top all this awesome in 2010? :-D

Heather said...

I'd love to know the same thing, myself!